RCU Forums - View Single Post - West texas jets - 2015
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 08:58 AM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok gang! Warbirds over West Texas is in the books. Everybody had a great time with probably the best weather I've ever seen at any rally before, 72 degrees and light winds down the runway. Now that its over, it's time to concentrate on our upcoming Jet Rally the first weekend of October. The field is clean, lengthened/totally resurfaced, smooth and FOD cleared away. Our field is now 1100 feet long and 50 ft across, new safety fence and covered pit area for the visiting jet pilots. Our club members will set up their own tents next to the covered pit so you all don't have to set up yours. We'll have two restroom port a potties on site and camping is allowed but no hookups. A few of our club members will camp out so you can leave your trailers on site and not worry about them at the hotels. We've already had a special price negotiated at Super 8 with Bryan McLarty's help. We'll make sure it's in place for the Jet Rally too. (SUPER 8 Motel on I-27 in Lubbock for as low as $55.50 per room if you book two or more nights! You can't beat that with a stick! Here is the Hotel Link to book. You can book online or call the Hotel directly at (806) 771-8000!

Many people will start arriving Thursday afternoon and fly Thursday, Friday and Saturday. You're more than welcome to also fly all day on Sunday too but most people pack up and head home using that as a travel day. We use RCFlightDeck for registration but you are welcome to register right on site if that's easier. We just really want a great turn out. Haven't decided on the food selection at the dinner/trophy presentation at my house Saturday night but it'll be great. My wife always go wild with this so we'll have some fun.

Now, if you could do me a favor and just mention that you'll be coming on here, we could start making plans for food, etc. Each year we've grown and hope this year is the same. We'll hopefully have 28-35 pilots with a relaxed atmosphere, just flying, fun and seeing old/new friends.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing all of you again

John S Johnson
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3722.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	2118772  

Last edited by patrnflyr; 09-07-2015 at 09:17 AM.