RCU Forums - View Single Post - Good afforable .46 size pattern plane for 401 sportsman pattern sequence
Old 09-24-2015, 05:08 PM
sierra_bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I got all of the hardware removed from the typhoon and now I have a ziplock bag full of control horns, fastlinks, and some other things. Not to sure what I'm going to do with the actual airframe but I'm not going to throw it away.
Looks like it going to be windy and rainy for the rest of September which really sucks. I'm hoping that the day of the competition is going to be nice. The stick handles fine in light wind(under 6mph) but the other day when I flew in windy(10mph) conditions it got really squirrel and it was almost impossible to do straight lines but the wind was blowing across the runway which never helps.

One thing I was surprised about is how well priced used pattern planes are. For example this Sebart windS 50E that had everything installed except the receiver(or at least a tactic receiver) and battery cost $500. Considering that the airframe alone cost $400 and the motor is around $150 that's a pretty good price. I wonder if there are going to be any used pattern planes for sell at the event.

Any ways there are only a couple of days left and I'm not very well prepared

-Sam