RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help and opinion with an early model DLE 30
Old 10-03-2015, 08:07 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rocketman612
No doubt. that's why I was very pleased with the 7700 rpm's. I'm sure she is unloading close to 8k in the air. The tillotson carb was a non issue. I'm no carb guru but when we put the kit in it looked like a walbro and tuned easily.

My goal was to have a good matched setup for my brother since it's his first gasser.. We felt that we scored at Perry as we only paid $500 for the plane, engine, servos. The plane was near flawless and had new powerHD 1201 servos all around with the older DLE 30.
The DLE carb that says Tillotson it is a Walbro clone.They will pick out a name that is known to be a good product and put this name on there clone.Had several of them on early DLE 30s.Did not seem to be any problems.I am still flying two of the side carb 30s.They did have some early on carb glitches but was fairly easy to adjust out.They called it te tilt and die symdrone.When you picked the airp;lane up to move from starting stand to runway engine would die.Pick up the idle a little and move the airplane.Run fine from there on.The rear carb conversion kit workes fine and doesn't cost much.
BCCHI Too tired to spell check.BC