RCU Forums - View Single Post - West texas jets - 2015
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 08:41 PM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, West Texas Jets 2015 is in the books. I hope everybody had a great time. The weather didn't cooperate completely but we still had lots of flying including today with rainshowers thrown in to keep us on our toes. A crosswind didn't even stop them. Many pilots took advantage of our 75 x 1200 ft runway with zero obstacles in all directions. We had TWO Mibo A-10 beasts flying today putting on their super scale flights with 120 degree banking and low to the ground flights in attack mode. Lots of Bobcats, KingCats and Flashes flying. Even had a new BVM Jets Cougar. Just a great time. What was really super was seeing old friends and meeting new friends and spreading the information around. Winners were Robert Bernal from Houston with a Mibo A-10 for Best Scale Flight, Pilot's choice was another A-10 with the team of Don Perry and David Goss from the OKC area and finally the Top Gun awarded to Parker Ferguson from Norman, OK. You could see him everywhere during the meet, helping out many pilots with spotting, fueling and radio advice. Just a great guy passing on his love for jets. A much deserved award. He put in probably 20 flights through windy/rainy conditions with his Bobcat and Ultra Flash. We finished it off with a great dinner tonight put on by my wife and daughter in law. Fajitas for everybody with plenty of 2nd's and 3rd's. Overall, a great time had by all. Wish the weather cooperated more but people adapted well and didn't let it bother them. Hopefully, some of the attendees will post a bunch of pics. Thanks for coming!

Last edited by patrnflyr; 10-04-2015 at 11:23 AM.