RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 F22 Raptor Glow-To-Electric Conversion
Old 10-06-2015, 09:04 AM
guapoman2000

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys,

Started with the project and found that someone secured the Glow Engine Mount a little too secure and perhaps used the permanent type of LocTite!:censored:

Using an Electric "Adjustable" Impact Driver, I was able to remove two of the bolts (Phillips head) on the Left side but, the two on the right side just didn't want to come out!:censored:

I carefully using a hand saw blade inside the FUSE and started to cut towards the blind nuts at the bolts that didn't want to come out and see about a neat way to slide the Blind Nuts and Bolts out but, it became messy! The FUSE is kind of tight and didn't want to destroy it with my large Gorilla Hands so, I took a screw driver and carefully pried the Glow Engine Mount that was lose toward the Left side and it finally came off the firewall with minor to moderate damage of the Firewall.

Found a large piece of 2/32nd plywood and worked a template and got some Gorilla Glue and now it is good as new and motor assembly is ready to be mounted. From measuring before taking off the cut-up cowling, I need at least 3/4th of an inch spacer to allow for the prop adapter to clear the cowling.

A few pictures of my ordeal.......

Last edited by guapoman2000; 10-06-2015 at 09:08 AM.