RCU Forums - View Single Post - My RC Autogyro Designs - Exlusive on RC Universe
Old 10-10-2015, 11:00 AM
PalmSizeHeliMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MIA FLINT™ RC Autogyro

This is the MIA FLINT™ RC autogyro. A predecessor to the MIA Racer "G"™ being put through the test paces.
This model has an ultra low rotor disc loading under 3.5 oz/sq.ft. with a powerful motor and I designed it that way to allow me to fly it as in this video.

It is also flying with the recent MIA blades, nothing fancy, with these particular blades, just a clean and efficient airfoil in a solid wood blade done professionally
with a proper tool. These are not hand sanded blades, or airfoil done with jigs.

Some of MIA RC autogyros do knife edge flying., something I have yet to see in some RC autogyros and I have seen a LOT of RC autogyros
since I started designing mine.

The music I selected is no coincidence, I wanted the video to reflect the cool factor of the gyro and since "In Like Flint" and "Our Man Flint"
have been some of my favorite spy movies, and it so happens it applies to the name I had already selected for the model, I elected the respective soundtracks to go with it.

I design a lot of original products for sale, but I also design a lot of original models for the pure joy of seeing them fly and not to get bored with the same thing over and over.

I don't get a lot of views as I use to when I was more active on the forums, and RC Autogyros are still unique models that require patience and persistence. Over the years I have been perfecting both my designs and flying skills and I have some favorites, but these are some of those little gems that I hope people viewing them, enjoy them, as I do.

Please thumbs up if you enjoy it, comments welcome. Cheers! Mario

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE-aqK-HU2c
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MIA FLINT RC AUTOGYRO 2.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	2124745   Click image for larger version

Name:	MIA FLINT RC AUTOGYRO1.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	2124746  

Last edited by PalmSizeHeliMan; 10-10-2015 at 11:39 AM.