RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gas to glo plug.
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 07:32 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MTK
Curious....do you suppose there is catalytic action between the element and the 10% etoh? If one were to use pure gas, it's an easy way to find out I suppose (another R&D speriment). Or is it just lighting from the generated heat? It's a heck of an accomplishment to idle and transition as it apparently does

Maybe Clarence Lee can shed some light on this. He's the tired old guy on the glow side.
I can buy eth free gas. More R&DThen will try E-85 more R&D.LOL.Have not had time this week to do any R&D.We want to try a inverted mounted engine. I believe the gas is heating the plug coil. Going to get winter here some day. All
of storms have been messing us.Clarance Lee was a big help in getting us started in the Ign business.He done a report on the OS,15 Said something about it running like a diesel,and you want high compression.This totally wrong.
I am going to lower compression on the DL 20 and see if it stops the detonation.Seems like it is very important of placement of the heating coil.Still no plugs from Tower.
The early Zenoah G-26 will not run on the GG.Has real deep plug threads.Maybe could be machined.I think the newer one might be OK. I am going to try the OS hot turbo plug.It has a different thread don't no what the thread is yet.Will have to rework a adapter or make a new one. The Enya GG had a different thread looks like the same as os turbo plug. They had a very expensive oil they said you had to use,and would not run on regular two stroke oil.I think the Enya was a failure but they were way expensive.But the OS 10 and 15 GG are not cheap.
BCCHI Tired OLd CH guy.