RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cheetah pump value
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 04:42 PM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DHC6
I always do a full power run up to make sure I get full power/RPM, however being new to turbines I am unsure of what's normal for some other values.

I am just looking at flight logs again, and the numbers I have for the Pump value are only 2 digit number. My highest being 82 at full power, and idle being 14. I am pretty sure the numbers are not abbreviated either since all the other numbers like EGT, RPM etc. I am using the Xicoy flight computer, and my Cheetah has the powerpack, so I am not sure if the numbers for the pump are represented in a different value.

My fuel system is set up in parallel with 2 saddle tanks and a forward tank. There is also a BVM UAT in the system. All the fuel lines are the larger 1/8th tygon, however I am not sure if the tanks have filters in them or just clunks (bought the plane used) . There is an external fuel filter, so I am pretty sure there are no filters in the tanks. Looks like a pretty "standard set up".
I would ask you to look at the actual number when running and write them down. There is no way your PW is 82 at full power. Maybe the flight log is not right or if that stands for 820 than it's extremely high. Please look when running and let me know what you have. You can also call me as well.