RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top RC Zero from Gator R/C
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 01:13 PM
Hot Rod Todd
My Feedback: (1)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

The firewall looks to be sturdy, and well glued. The cowl is mounted with a ring and screws to the fuse from inside as far as I can tell (much like the Top Flite FW-190). It measures about 9.5" across the inside. I plan on using an EME-70 twin that should fit in with just a bit of openings for the plug caps (Same engine was used by Gator RC on the first model they built).

The optional retractable gear appears solid and strong. As I mentioned, the wheels are a bit small but should look Ok behind the gear doors, Zero wheels are not very large anyway, so most won't notice that they are about 1/2" too small to be exact scale. Nice aluminum wheels are provided with brass bushings. Haven't run the electrics yet to see them work, but there's a video on the web showing them function. The tail wheel retract is light and fairly simple. Works much like a Robart model. Mount for the retracting servo is on the tray in the back.

There you have it. A rundown of the kit. As of yet the manual does not show up on TopRC's website. The Mustang manual is there, but not the Zero. I heard there's a video, but I haven't got time to look at it yet. If I get the urge I'll get together a build thread as I get to putting it together. Right now I'm getting all of my parts acquired before I get started. I've had a lot of ARF's, and this one seems as good as any right out of the box. The main concerns such as wing fitment and the like are very good. Any small issues are easily corrected. The jury's out on how it will fly, but judging by the weight of everything it should be a very light and forgiving warbird.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2726.JPG
Views:	11261
Size:	661.9 KB
ID:	2133269   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2727.JPG
Views:	11495
Size:	640.9 KB
ID:	2133270   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2722.JPG
Views:	11253
Size:	709.2 KB
ID:	2133271   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2729.JPG
Views:	11515
Size:	677.6 KB
ID:	2133272  

Last edited by Hot Rod Todd; 11-30-2015 at 01:18 PM.