RCU Forums - View Single Post - Converting My Losi LST2 To Electric - On The Cheap
Old 12-06-2015, 01:58 PM
fastfreddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha! Thanks for the reply. I expected this to go unseen.

I have enough mechanical inclination...LST has been apart - every single nut, bolt, gear, etc., and returned to running ordered.

So, roughly, $300-$425 gets me an electric, single speed, *no reverse needed, LST...add batteries and charger. The money isn't so much a factor as getting a seamless package.
*(I hadn't considered the reverse polarity thing...part of my unfamiliarity, not that I wouldn't have eventually realized it, it's just not on my active radar).

The 45mph that the LST was capable of is plenty fast enough for the terrain I'll be visiting...sloped, undulating back yard dirt, loam, grass. It's the slow stuff that concerns me, log/rock crawlin'.
I'm sure the e-motors have the torque, but won't that build a lot of heat running at low rpm AND asking for heavy loads? What does that do to the batteries?

At any rate, how do I keep from burning up an all-around package with desired long run-times of fast and/or slow? You touched on being able to keep running temps under control and I'll have to revisit that.
Would there be any other considerations given the type of use I intend?

Thanks, again, for your awesomeness.