RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli Panther Lovers! (Pictures and Video!)
Old 12-08-2015, 01:42 PM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jannica
Very nice paint job. Fantastic surface finish. Would you mind telling us a little bit about it? I say please?
Well sure, glad you asked!

First the surface was glassed using Zpoxy finishing resin and 3/4oz glass cloth. I thin my resin, 60 percent resin with 40 percent Denatured Alcohol. That is all the resin I use on my plane, it is the key to an easy to do light weight finish, plus I hate sanding resin and going through the cloth. The weave is filled with a mixture of Bondo Spot putty and Acetone, mixed to the constancy of ketchup. This dries fast and is easy to sand.

Then you are ready to prime, I used the Dupli-Color system for this model. I've used PPB automotive paint and find it toxic and a bother to use with lots of chemicals and cleaning of tools. For this model I used BGM0541 GM Dark Blue, BCC0338 Chrysler Radiant Silver Met, BCC0351 Chrysler Flash Red, and BUN0300 Universal White. The cans have an excellent nozzle that lays down the paint very nicely. After everything was done I used the Dupli-Color Gloss Clear. Without buffing, it has a semi gloss look to it, makes it look just right. The silver is really nice, it has the right look and is really easy to apply with this paint system.

This paint is completely fuel proof, works with glow fuel, diesel and kerosene.