RCU Forums - View Single Post - Losi Mini 8ight-t Bevel Gear
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 08:22 AM
RedDawg303

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol yes I absolutely beat the piss out of mine. In fact I am actually the third owner of the car, I bought it from my roommate who scored it second hand on ebay. I was never interested in mini's until I saw this thing in action and then I had to have it. My car has a TON of miles and I'm still using the original diffs and motor. I take it to skate parks all the time, I use to launch the car 10+ feet high in my driveway with my kicker ramp, no issues other than some bent GPM shock towers. I just straighten them back out with a hammer. We even had to fish the car out of a 50' culvert that runs underneath our driveway, my roommate was doing 3s speed runs and lost control. We could hear the electronics popping and sizzling as the car was submerged in swamp water. We fished it out with electrician poles and then replaced the electronics and re-greased the diffs. The stock motor has been great in this car, I always run with 2200 mah Sky Lipos. Motor temps stay under 160 no matter what. Just make sure that your gears are meshed properly and that your setup ALLOWS the car to bottom out on big jump landings, otherwise that energy gets transferred to the suspension and parts can break.