RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which Radio To Buy?!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 11:17 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

If telemetry is your "driver", then there's no question that Jeti is probably your best bet. I know some Futaba users have jumped to Jeti for that very reason, and others are "threatening" to; but for me personally, telemetry is not a major factor, so I'd stick with my 18mz. I've held the Jeti and just can't get past the ergonomics and slider & trim layout. I had the chance to "try" the Jeti but declined as I never saw myself ever fully going to it.

I haven't flown JR since the 8103 days so can't comment on the newer protocol from a user stand point. I flew Weatronics gear when it was module-based and really liked it. I have only held a Bat 60 for a few seconds, and honestly I don't remember how I felt about it; and service has always been a concern, but how much service do you really need if it works? I looked at Multiplex years ago, but they were extremely rare here and I never could get my hands on one to see how it "felt". The Airtronics I would never consider; and I know there are probably literary hundreds or maybe even thousands of DX-18s in use, but I wouldn't consider them either. (Just my opinion, but donning the flame-suit for the inevitable.)

I would never buy a radio without first "handling" it to see how it felt. When the 14mz first came out, I was ready to upgrade from my 10C, but after holding it and a 12Z, the 12 fit my hands and felt so much better to me, so that was my choice then and now the 18. I'm completely happy with my choice/s and that's all that matters in the end.

You need prioritize your needs and wants, ask questions, then decide.

Good luck in your quest.