RCU Forums - View Single Post - H9 Pawnee 33% build.
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 05:01 PM
rampage-1
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi John
Your picture looks just like the way mine came in. And you are correct, you have to be very careful when you you try to iron it down.I have ironed the whole plane twice so far. My ailerons were the big problem they did not have the correct movement, only about half from what the manual gives for low and high rate. The pin hinges were factory set to far in. I ended up cutting them off and redrilling for new Robart to correct the problem.I had to add support to the frame in a few areas, especially in the rear where the battery's are located. I am using a DLE111 so I need weight in the rear battery box. The struts had to be re-built. I ended up lining the interior wall with thin mylar sheeting so the springs would not rub. Also I installed a steel tube over the screws that hold the top struts in. The threads started cutting into the top strut bracket. I also added a spacer to kept the struts centered in place at the top.Next I added some wood to make the strut bracket a little stronger. I also added screws around the side windows a few guys have had them blow off due to the glue job is very poor. They do not sell doors or windows in the spare parts area.Also I replaced the tail wheel. The tire that came with the kit was way to soft. I set the CG at 10
inches

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PAWNEE TIRE.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	2135665   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150709_220014.jpg
Views:	1972
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	2135666   Click image for larger version

Name:	PAWNEE Spring Assy.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	2135667  

Last edited by rampage-1; 12-13-2015 at 05:12 PM.