RCU Forums - View Single Post - Loose JTec Snuffler Muffler
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 02:19 PM
coalburner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't heard from JTec.
Thanks for the input Mein Duff. I worked on the Snuffler and concluded that part B would probably not immediately fall out. In time, the vibration may make the part rattle off. When I unscrewed the long bolt, I found that the washer had been tightened so much that it formed a conical shape against the insides of part B. Maybe it was shaped like that to begin with, but subsequent tightening would not prevent part B from rotating. So, I machined a thicker brass washer and that seemed to hold much better. A little more weight is not going to matter because the Snuffler weighs about 1 lb. It really quiets down the engine considerably from the original stock muffler. The snuffler with a Mejzlik 22x10 prop seemed to be my best combo for performance and low noise. I don't have dB numbers, but some club members says it sounds like a OS 60 with its stock muffler in the distance. There does not seem to be any rpm loss using the snuffler. I also have canisters and a slimline pitts style muffler for the G62, but have not tried them because I was so satisfied with the snuffler. I have 4 G62s and all have Snufflers.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20151207_155757.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	869.4 KB
ID:	2136259