dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

flyme2moon, nice start on the panther. I see that it is basically stock, meaning you will probably want to go with a smaller turbine. I upgraded mine in key areas for the extra weight of the added details and higher thrust of my K80. I added spruce spars to the stab, extended the aluminum wing tube out one more rib and added a ply piece to that rib, used spruce for the main spars instead of balsa. I also added strips of carbon fiber to the vertical fin under and up to the stab, about 4 strips on each side. On former F-9 where your CG is marked you will need to add a cross brace. I would also make sure the original builder added the proper washout on the wings, something I always check when I take over another person project. I also cut off the fiberglass intakes and mounted the turbine as far forward as possible, this saves a lot in nose ballast. I have the fiberglass intakes on mine just to give it a clean look when looking at the intake, in reality it does not need the smooth fiberglass intakes at all. Good luck and feel free to post here if you like!