RCU Forums - View Single Post - With all the hype who is going to leave the hobby?
Old 12-27-2015, 09:36 PM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
Um , , At the risk of trading in my tinfoil hat for a deckchair on the SS Pollyanna , I offer this ;

A couple of years ago , the FBI , yes , that's right , the FBI and NOT the FAA , busted a Muslim terrorist wannabe named Rezwan Ferdus in Ashland Massachusetts for planning to load a traditional fixed wing RC model aircraft with explosives and fly it into the Pentagon . No kidding , you can search this out and you'll find it's true . Now , if THAT didn't get us grounded for good , do ya really think some dolt with a flying camera is gonna be seen as being worse than a radical bent on terrorism ?

Thankfully , I think your predictions of our demise are , somewhat premature , at best . We WILL be flying for the foreseeable future , It's just a matter of how many hoops are gonna have to be jumped to enjoy the "right" to fly a remote controlled model aircraft .....

I think they arrested him for the intent. Not because he had a plan that worked. I believe in one of those articles it was pointed out that there would not be much damage from the small bombs that could be transported.,