RCU Forums - View Single Post - With all the hype who is going to leave the hobby?
Old 12-28-2015, 07:15 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
Um , , At the risk of trading in my tinfoil hat for a deckchair on the SS Pollyanna , I offer this ;

A couple of years ago , the FBI , yes , that's right , the FBI and NOT the FAA , busted a Muslim terrorist wannabe named Rezwan Ferdus in Ashland Massachusetts for planning to load a traditional fixed wing RC model aircraft with explosives and fly it into the Pentagon . No kidding , you can search this out and you'll find it's true . Now , if THAT didn't get us grounded for good , do ya really think some dolt with a flying camera is gonna be seen as being worse than a radical bent on terrorism ?

Thankfully , I think your predictions of our demise are , somewhat premature , at best . We WILL be flying for the foreseeable future , It's just a matter of how many hoops are gonna have to be jumped to enjoy the "right" to fly a remote controlled model aircraft .....

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
I think they arrested him for the intent. Not because he had a plan that worked. I believe in one of those articles it was pointed out that there would not be much damage from the small bombs that could be transported.,
If this is the one of which I'm thinking I rember reading the enrichment and it seemed to me that the FBI or whom ever really led this guy on and on and made it possible for him. I think they even bought the planes for him and supplied the fake C$ cause he wanted to usr grnades. He also was making IED detainers from cell phones.
I found this but when U try to go to the actual enactment it says page not found.

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/_NECN__Federal_Prosecutors_Have_Indicted_Rezwan_Fe rdaus_on_Six_Counts_NECN-251574651.html