RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti DS-24
Thread: Jeti DS-24
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 07:43 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dubd
For Jeti owners, why did you choose it over the Weatronics BAT-60?
I used Weatronic gear in all my jets for 3yrs. I was on a 2year wait list for the Bat 60 and gave up waiting. Even now, some of the functions that made Weatronic ahead of the game are not available on the Bat. Still waiting for the ability to read the RF logs and use the receivers built in Gyros.

Other frustrations were that I had to import all equipment from Germany ( ultimate jets was not carrying it at the time), No one had any turbine compatible telemetry for Weatronic and there was none in sight ( Carsten is currently working on making his ASSI unit compatible( so this may be resolved soon). I had a lot of issues with the built in 3 axis gyro's glitching because of acoustic turbine noise ( this is not uncommon with early mems based gyro's but, Cortex and Powerbox have over come it). Telemetry is limited to one device in the receivers SCU port. To run more telemetry devices requires the MUX box, which is an excellent unit but way overkill for most applications. Adds $200 to the cost and takes up real estate in your plane. Personally, don't like the rocker switches on the top of the BAT. Love the Gizmo receivers....power management and unlimited programming flexibility. Use of Patch antennae

What I like better about the Jeti, far more telemetry available by Jeti and third party manufacturers, no telemetry "hub" required, more and less expensive receivers available. Better availability ( more retailers), innovations such as wireless switch to turn on model, locking switches, easy programming and good support.

They are both excellent systems Dantley, European manufactured, hardware with both is top quality. If the BAT had been available on schedule I probably would not have jumped ship but, looking at them now, if I didn't have either, the Jeti is more complete, has more variety of components/ receivers available. Weatronic is on their way to getting there but, not there yet. They move slower then Jeti.

Hope that helps

Mike

Last edited by luv2flyrc; 01-05-2016 at 07:46 PM.