RCU Forums - View Single Post - If you by an electric plane ,and cant get it to fly , should the manufacturer be responsible ?
Old 10-20-2003, 06:32 PM
RC-Captain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If you by an electric plane ,and cant get it to fly , should the manufacturer be responsible ?

All points well taken , and appreciated , good and bad , but first the important thing , Hi Weskel , the best info I can give you on getting the sky vector to fly is to make sure you have the push rods set on beginning notches, then bending and shapping the push rods make sure the back elevators are a little bit less than parallel to the ground , meaning flap upward as if you are trying to gain height , then, into wind without motor on, take five swift steps and toss it , the vector should glide to the ground smoothly , if it turns , the elevators are not even. one ,more thing to understand is the main wing is shaped to give you lift according to how fast you go, so although they say toss it full throttle this is'nt, recommended from my experience, good luck.

now to answer the poll replies , I agree all research should be performed carefully before buying any plane. but............................................... ............................ Matt Kirsch I beleive I told you the tape came after I have flown the hyper-fly
and ............................. Jason Beach if a 16 year old kid crashes a car whether he knows how to drive or not then of course he is responsible , but if the crash was caused do to him not breaking in the clutch for 100 miles or so and the manufacturer neglected to tell him then the manufact. should definitly be responsible. You cant sell shoes without a sole and, because the purchasher didnt look at the bottom of the shoes , turn around and say you should have checked this before you left........shoes in the word itself means everything included , shoe string , sole, heel ,tounge, etc. So in my oppinion trainer airplane means give me all the information on the plane because Im inexperienced !

Mr Mike Ledbetter ...... what you are saying is just pathetic and the reason I use such strong words beacause if no one buys the planes, do to manufacturer defects or seller information neglect , the prices would hit the ROOF ! thats just good old supply and demand .......so with your theory you lose both ways ,so why not take the way you will benefit...... .>:-)

last but not least

Woodsy if cant depend on a sells person selling you somthing then you may as well be phsychic ! because I would say just about 99% of the things we buy we depend on someone giving us informations on the products that are puchased , so why not stand and make you get all of the info..... thats my only point , with this poll , thank you gentlmen for taking time to answer......