RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skyshark Dauntless Build
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 07:46 PM
chistech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[HR][/HR] Sheeted the stab and fin then started setting up the tail wheel linkage before I move any farther on the strips and planking of the fuse. I'm running the rudder like the elevator so all will be internal. I used a small tail wheel control horn I had and it was perfect for this application. Ran a piece of brass tubing inside the tail wheel wire block to make it a better bearing.
This kit builds with a fair amount of distance with the bottom of the TW wire unsupported outside and below the block. At the bottom of the block is where my control horn is mounted then I glued another small piece of hardwood along the bottom 1/4 stringer with another piece of brass tubing for a lower bearing support. With the block in place, there is a fair amount of fitting and cutting of the rear of the stab to get the stab to sit down on the saddle. The TW wheel wire also comes up through the bottom of the fin bottom post so it's all got to be set up so it will work and also so it can be assembled.
I offset the elevator horn somewhat which allowed me to have clearance for both pushrods to work (elevator/rudder) I used a long length of wire at the end of the elevator pushrod and a Z bend to connect it to the elevator horn.

The stab in place with the elevator horn showing. Checking all clearances.

Tail wheel wire block in place with brass tubing. Need to cut the tubing to proper length yet.

Stab and rudder in place to check length of brass tubing and making sure everything fits right.

Rear view to check alignment.

checking hinge alignment with TW wire. It all lines up per plans.

Here's the off side view of the rudder control horn. I relieved the rear bulkhead for better rudder swing.

Pushrod and clevis attached to the horn.