RCU Forums - View Single Post - Incompatibility with CAT air trap and Kingtech/Jetcat engines?
Old 01-26-2016, 10:52 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaspar
Hi,

I see that there are some misunderstandings about what the ecu does, the ecu don't shutdown the engine in the case of a clogged filter.
Thanks Gaspar, I did not think you shutdown on high pump voltage, I know JetCat doesn't, thanks for the clarification.

FWIW in this whole thing, I would say double and triple check these ARF tanks. In fact if I am ever forced to use one, I would saw it in half and fix it internally. I have seen cases of ARF tanks rinsed and rinsed repeatedly and then something still flakes off, of the internal seam or somewhere inside, who knows.

And rule one is to check your pump voltage (or PW or whatever it is called) after each flight. It normally does not jump up immediately, it creeps up as the filter(s)/UAT/CAT whatever get clogged. You get plenty of warning.

I would rather have a pure bubble trap and a filter as 2 separate items. I assume the CAT internal filter is helping to prevent bubbles, but the number 1 bubble I am afraid of is from the upstream header tanks sucking in a big blob of air under maneuvering, I am less concerned with micro cavitation, blah blah but that is just me.