RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building Carl Goldberg Gentle Lady for electric.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:34 AM
Art ARRO
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad that you found the throttle fail safe glitch on the bench instead of at the field. My Gentle Lady was built from the original Goldberg kit about 30 years ago and is still flying. I designed a simple power pod mounted atop the wing and used an Astro 075 can motor powered by the then-new Sanyo 800 mAh NiCds. It flew-just barely, but I was able to achieve several "All Seasons" patches by logging flights every month of the year- in Michigan. Electric guru, Keith Shaw gave me a Leisure 05 motor which improved the flight performance somewhat. Recently I installed a 3S 2200 mAh LiPo and the Scorpion Backup Guard further weight reduction. The power pod works well in snow covered field conditions- ROGs are even possible on a hard crusted surface. Incidentally, the preferred prop for my setup is an 8 x 3 1/2 wood prop and the design is flies best in relatively calm conditions-less than 10 MPH. Good luck with your Gentle Lady.
Rgds,
Art ARRO