RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bump this thread everytime you spend $100+ on RC Cars/Trucks
Old 02-10-2016, 01:12 PM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
MAN, that stuff adds up quickly, don't it? RC is NOT a hobby for the ill of means.

The main website I order my Ofna Hyper parts from one day showed ALL the Hyper 10 parts as Out Of Stock. I got nervous that they had been discontinued, so I started looking for places overseas to order a bunch of parts from to keep me going for a couple years, since one of my Hyper 10s (the short course truck) I'd only had a year. I even tried to contact HoBao directly for any info on it's future, or lack thereof.

I found GeeFly Hobby in Taiwan (where HoBao is based) and while I had to look thru several parts sets (there are three versions of the Hyper 10TT that share parts, plus the Hyper 10SC) I found all I needed, and ordered enough to keep me in parts for some time. But DAMN, the shipping! I ordered $150+ in parts and got charged $50 in shipping! Ouch.

Come to find out, NitroHouse was just moving their warehouse, and is now back up and shipping. And I STILL haven't received my parts from GeeFly. (I hope the shipment made it out of country before the earthquake!)

And I did hear back from HoBao that they ARE still making the Hyper 10s and making parts. Yay!

I guess the good deal I got on some STRC aluminum parts made up for the $50 shipping charge....STRC had ALL the nice aluminum bits for the Hypers ON SALE for $5ea !!! Saved as much as 80% on each part! Check out STRC for upgrades for your vehicle. Good stuff. And they have random sales like that where you can save real money.
Even with the $50 in shipping you probably made out okay because of those really inexpensive STRC parts. So they are a Taiwan manufacturer? Decent quality. Not as good as Vanquish but still nice stuff. Sometimes its hard to justify the cost of Vanquish when you can get good stuff from STRC or Hot Racing. Hot Racing parts are easily available from a few spots online, more now at Tower but Hobbyetc has tons of HR stuff, and also they are a big distributor for GPM parts also.