RCU Forums - View Single Post - Was it the battery?
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 12:02 AM
stevens4x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, what a great reply. Thank you very much for such a detailed answer.

So here's the full story: I bought a used H9 Taylorcraft with a G26 (the 80" bnf). It's right up my alley for now since I've flown so little in the past 8 or 9 years. The airplane I'm asking for help on is the Sig 4*60 ARF and it's been sitting in the garage for 5 or more years. I got it running and it flew great last weekend but on FM, hence the DX9. And it's old, in great shape, but I imagine the wood has dried out and no longer has the strength it once had so I'm realistically not expecting it to last too long.

I don't know for sure when the battery was last replaced. I'd say maybe 3 years ago when I thought I'd have time to start flying again. I cycled it a bunch and it's holding a charge and seems ok but I agree with everything you said. I recently purchased a 6.0v nimh from the lhs not remembering it has a 4.8 in it. I guess my question through all of this, is will these old servos, I'm pretty sure they're not digital, be able to handle the 6v system? Will I burn them up? I don't care enough about this plane to stick too much more money into it. I'd like to get good with the giant scale TC and then go even bigger.

...and thank you for telling me about the telemetry. I'll definitely put it into the TC. If you could maybe give me a part number or a little hint at what I'd need I'd really appreciate that too.

Thank you!!