RCU Forums - View Single Post - BVM Composite Bandit Build Thread. Yes from 1998.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:28 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I'll have to check my notes, I cant recall the difference between the super bandit and what I have.
Is the composite bandit built to take abuse like that? He was yanking some serious Gs on those pullups. I don't fly my jets like that. I like his slow passes with strong climbouts, that what I am going for.
Of the two vids posted so far in this thread, it appears the bandit has a sort of dutch roll. I assume a cortex or igyro will fix that?
I have an Igyro3 in my viper jet for that reason. But I don't like how it makes it land, fighting the natural flare. It has lengthened my landing runouts until I get used to flaring it more manually.

BTW I forgot, I have the wing tanks too.

Originally Posted by roger.alli
Nice..

My SB has the regular Duro struts. It used to need a fair bit of steering and careful use of throttle on take offs, but now have a gyro on nose gear, rudder and ailerons. That solved any issues, but I don't often fly from grass.
Question for you, how do the main flex plates hold up to grass operation?

For Essyou, Check this Bandit with a P120. (With wing tanks to add drag) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnYvrLAdNbo