RCU Forums - View Single Post - World's First Turbocharged, Supercharged, and Nitrous Injected 2-Stroke RC Car!
Old 03-20-2016, 09:19 AM
Anthoop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
No horsepower without torque. Torque is the twisting force and horsepower is work done over time. Both quantitative measurements and either factor is useless without the other. Moot anyway, but I don't think it would matter because I don't think a small glow engine will last long with all of the OPs intended "hop-ups". Especially in a Redcat car and an SH engine. RTR sport engines work fine in that kind of application, but pushed too hard.... Not sure how it's gonna hold up. I expect if the hop-ups work, there's gonna be a broken crank or rod in the engines future. But we'll have to see. I'm skeptical at best.
Yes I am more than skeptical to be honest....over the years we have all seen the dreams come and go.....

Originally Posted by Maj_Overdrive
I guess you haven't seen Losi's LST XXL2 and 8ight series buggies and truggies with the .31 gas 2 stroke engine (same footprint as a nitro big block) with a CDI powered off the 2s lipo also used for the receiver. I forget the exact max rpm quoted by the Losi rep on another forum but it was right around 30k rpm for that engine and the CDI box is about the size of (likely a bit smaller than) one of those old school 4 AA battery holders. I can't say with any certainty but no indication was given that the CDI box couldn't handle more rpm, I believe there was no reason to spin the engine package faster as it wouldn't make any more power.
I did actually hear about that before launch...and read how it was bad from many sources at launch....but had totally forgotten about it....maybe I should research that again...thanks.