RCU Forums - View Single Post - Interesting admission on AMA website
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 10:48 AM
RichardGee
My Feedback: (156)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
My Friend , I am init4fun , AMA 80274 , and the person who started the "was the AMA right or wrong to embrace Drones" thread , and Believe me , you & I are both on the same side of this issue !

If you have not yet , please go put a vote in for the AMA making a mistake to allow the flying cameras , if for no other reason than to watch the politically correct "we gotta accept drones as the wave of the future" folk's heads spin and tell us how much of Luddites we are ...

They're off looking it up now ....... "Siri , what's a Luddite ?"
Dear Mr. Mathews ([email protected]), President, AMA:

I know I am not alone in expressing this opinion –

As a model aircraft enthusiast of over 40 years (AMA 101024) I want to state my opposition to the AMA allowing camera-carrying drones to be part of the model aircraft community.
Because of this, we who fly our fixed and rotary-wing RC aircraft in accordance with the AMA Safety Code, at sanctioned AMA club sites, now find our historically safe activities threatened by draconian FAA regulations that WILL destroy this hobby!

Yes, we can petition our Senators for exceptions – such as Sen. Inhofe’s amendment 3596, but this is a band aid AT BEST!

Inviting camera-carrying and FPV drones into the AMA modeling fold also invited the Federal Aviation Administration to regulate and tax our hobby.

It is past time the AMA separate this new type of RC aircraft from traditional RC fixed and rotary-wing aircraft that fly exclusively at AMA sanctioned sites and events, obeying AMA safety codes that have existed for decades.
Doing any less WILL BE THE DEMISE OF RC MODEL AIRCRAFT.