RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli 1/6 Hellcat Build
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 02:04 PM
DaleCS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mirce
If you need even lighter model you can save weight on filler for panel lines.
I made panel lines on different way on my Panther (facelift) and now on Galeb G2. I apply vinyl lines and don't remove it from surface. Than near them I add rivets and all other details.
In that case, you don't need to apply primer to made "channels".
Final result is that panel lines are not channels it's look like convex...

Best regards

Mirce
Hi Mirce,

Do you have pictures of this lighter method in your build thread? Having trouble find it. And, do you use this method in place of your "detail & finish sets" or together?

I can imagine pictures of you transporting that box - and the worry about getting it back to Serbia with no damage!

The Byron f/g fuse was 'soft,' also. Looked good, flew well. When on display at giant scale airshows, I did not demonstrate the soft sides to visitors! You and your friends will point out your faults - no need to share them with strangers! The plane was very durable - surviving a few 'gear up' landings without any damage, not even a mark in the paint. Oh, and there was a tree that I flew it through, once - my spotter was very softly saying 'Bring it up, bring it up, you're a little low....' After I landed and pulled the leaves out of the cowling, I told him "Next time, YELL AT ME!" Everyone wanted to add a tree 'kill' marking on the fuse, next to the zero 'kill' markings....

Dale