RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Kingtech ECU Soon to be released!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 05:14 AM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
On the "re-start" how does it gauge whether there has been a fuel leak that stopped the turbine, before it restarts the fuel pump and sprays fuel over a potentially hot engine with no way of monitoring it (with eyes on the ground) I know this has been shown on a couple of engines, I personally think its one of those crazy potentially dangerous 'beer - bottle of wine' thought ideas. I guess I'd need to know more info.
There are so many reasons why a turbine might stop and people flying around with a mind-set that the turbine will restart and save the day, just sounds like a guaranteed crash because it doesn't!
Without knowing the software I guess its safely linked to rpm (so if the turbine seizes, it won't try to restart)??

Way too many 'what ifs' for me!
The restart will only progress given appropriate data, ie. delta in EGT and RPM. It will also time itself off within seconds depends on the model of engine.

I think this trendy restart feature will only be effective in saving a very few flame outs, such as good plumbing, with a bubble lodged and then released, typically happens in a new jet, or a remaiden. The restart is obviously not a substitute of sorting out fuel delivery problem.

Barry