RCU Forums - View Single Post - Using FAA number as custom AMA number ?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 08:41 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sport , I think it's great that you've got the open space for free flight , both that and the estees rockets were always too much for the local areas where I fly . The rockets in particular , one good breeze and on that little parachute the thing can travel far far out of sight . Do you have one of those "egg beater" type winder rigs for the rubber bands ? The rubber alone is a science in itself !
It comes with 10 feet of very good rubber, but no covering. Planning to buy the Coverite or Solartex micro film. I do not have the eggbeater but they don't cost much. The local free flight club meets once a month at a sod farm about an hour away. and I hope to finish by the late June meet. I will have to join but that is cheap as well. BTW the designer of the Speckled P-30 George Perryman was a member of the cub and probably a founder the Thermal Thumbers of Metro Atlanta. I will have to restrain myself from winding the rubber to the max at a local park for the test flights. A couple of years ago I built their Ranger 28 kit and was very impressed by the performance, this should be better than that.