RCU Forums - View Single Post - Using FAA number as custom AMA number ?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 10:23 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
It comes with 10 feet of very good rubber, but no covering. Planning to buy the Coverite or Solartex micro film. I do not have the eggbeater but they don't cost much. The local free flight club meets once a month at a sod farm about an hour away. and I hope to finish by the late June meet. I will have to join but that is cheap as well. BTW the designer of the Speckled P-30 George Perryman was a member of the cub and probably a founder the Thermal Thumbers of Metro Atlanta. I will have to restrain myself from winding the rubber to the max at a local park for the test flights. A couple of years ago I built their Ranger 28 kit and was very impressed by the performance, this should be better than that.
Well I have to say I think that's just awesome that you found a way around participating in the FAA debacle while continuing to enjoy your love of flying things . If I had the open land and wasn't so much of a "techie" with regards to the radios , engines and motors , I'd wish I had a way to just fly without all of the increasing baggage that's becoming attached to the hobby too . I started out with control line and couldn't wait to get my first radio , and if while i'm alive things get TOO crazy (RC pilot physicals , Annual airworthiness inspections & certification of RC models , stuff like that) I'd go back to control line in an instant , provided I'm healthy enough to not get dizzy going around in circles .