RCU Forums - View Single Post - Using FAA number as custom AMA number ?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 11:14 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Well I have to say I think that's just awesome that you found a way around participating in the FAA debacle while continuing to enjoy your love of flying things . If I had the open land and wasn't so much of a "techie" with regards to the radios , engines and motors , I'd wish I had a way to just fly without all of the increasing baggage that's becoming attached to the hobby too .

Not sure what baggage you're referring to, but the only thing that's changed for me in the past year was the completion of a five minute on-line registration process that cost me $5, a new wallet sized piece of paper in my flight box, and another number alongside my AMA number on my aircraft. That's it! I continue to enjoy the hobby now just as I did last year. Probably even more so now with all the wonderful folks I've met on this sub-forum who I hope I get to fly with in the near future.

I started out with control line and couldn't wait to get my first radio , and if while i'm alive things get TOO crazy (RC pilot physicals , Annual airworthiness inspections & certification of RC models , stuff like that) I'd go back to control line in an instant , provided I'm healthy enough to not get dizzy going around in circles .