RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hanger 9 Carbon Cub
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 10:47 AM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bikerbc, Well it was 2 weeks ago I did the "wart filled" maiden flight of the Phoenix Super Cub. Last Sunday (our group normally flys on Sun.) we had 21 MPH winds with gusts over 30 MPH, but we still flew, just no Cubs and no test flights. This weekend our group (West Georgia R/C Flyers) voted to fly on Monday, our Memorial Day holiday (yesterday) and I am pleased to report that the warts are all gone and the Phoenix Super Cub did indeed fly "super". In the shop I had addressed all the little nagging issues, reset all the set ups, and another new O.S."F" glo plug fixed the need to fly with the glo igniter dangling out the side of the plane . What a sweet flying Cub...looks great too if I must say so myself. This time it required only a couple of elevator and aileron trim clicks to fly hands off. No issues at all, just an enjoyable stress free scale flight. Earlier in the day I had flown both my 1/5 th and my 1/4 scale Hanger-9 J-3 Cubs so I had a direct comparison to two of my other good Cubs. It is right up there with them, It's a keeper! The "Cub from hell" is now "a hell of a good Cub". Here are the control throw specs that I successfully flew the Phoenix Super Cub with yesterday and would recommend to anyone setting one of these up ........Elevators 27 mm up and down; ailerons 24 mm up and down; rudder 30 mm left and right; flaps two steps 8 mm and 27 mm. I didn't use the flaps yesterday so those specs may require a change. Bikerbc, I hope your Carbon Cub issues can also be overcome with a fine flying Cub coming out of it. Stick with it !

Last edited by 52larry52; 05-31-2016 at 10:57 AM.