RCU Forums - View Single Post - ECX Ruckus 4x4 brushless
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 08:43 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Ah yes, the dreaded servo saver. Not adjustable or it's on the servo itself?

If the steering bellcrank doesn't have a built in servo saver, perfect. I would just go with a more powerful metal gear high torque servo.

Edit: Since looking at the steering on the ECX website, it looks like the servo saver is directly on the servo. And then I saw the spec for the stock servo as well....65 oz-in. That's hardly adequate IMO for even a stadium truck, let alone a 4wd monster truck trying to turn huge tires .

That servo is where you want to upgrade first IMO. Run the stock servo 'til it poops out on you, or 'til you can't take the performance of it. Maybe have a look at Hitec's HS-625MG (94.43 oz-in at 6.0V) High-Speed 2BB Metal Gear Servo, or, for ten dollars more, the HS-5625MG (130.53 oz-in at 6.0V) Digital High-Speed Metal Gear BB Servo. You can find other servos cheaper. Hitec is just my personal preference when I suggest something to someone, I've never question their quality .

Roger's Hobby Center said..."Fixing the second problem was much more difficult, though not nearly as impossible as fixing the steering on the 2WD ECX vehicles. At first, we thought it was simply a weak servo saver, and replaced it with a solid arm. But taking it out and driving it again proved that the problem didn't lie with the servo saver at all; the servo itself was simply too weak to properly steer the truck."

Last edited by RustyUs; 06-14-2016 at 10:55 AM.