RCU Forums - View Single Post - Audio jack
Thread: Audio jack
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 02:07 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by da Rock
I've got the Altimeter and Vario daisy chained so that I can get the Vario beeps and have scheduled altitude reports. The altimeter software has functionality that sets up voice reports every so many seconds. The vario functionality does not, at least not that I can find. Of course, the Altimeter functionality never included lift/sink beeps ever.

If the Vario generates the same signals as the Altimeter, how about suggesting to Spektrum programming staff to code the vario setup screen to include setting up verbal altitude reports like the Altimeter setup screen does.
Do you have 2 pieces of hardware in the model? If so, remove the Altimeter from the airplane. The Vario is an Altimeter which sends extra data.

If you have a Vario, the transmitter automatically assumes that you want the altitude data too. It is the SAME CONFIGURATION in the transmitter. Trust me - you configure the transmitter saying there's an altimeter and a vario, but you only put the vario in the airplane. The transmitter will see the vario and automatically fill in the altitude data. That's why we discontinued the altimeter - the vario hardware does both, and the transmitter knows how to take advantage of it.

The vario graph screen is really cute and dangerous as hell. Providing altitude reports on the screen is something that can be attention grabbing..... just when you shouldn't be looking away from your glider. Yet the altitude is really something you really want to know at times... times when looking down is suicide. So having a spoken altitude is worth as much as having a beeping tone telling you about lift/sink.
You should set up your Custom Voice so you get an altitude report when you push a button, or automatically. Sequencers can do that for you. PM "freechip" and ask him how. We don't need to do any more coding - you already can do what you want!

Andy