RCU Forums - View Single Post - So I wanted to/planned to buy a nitro on-road car, but now I am not so sure...
Old 07-05-2016, 12:47 PM
The Saylors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya i know what you're going through with the over researching. I usually try to make a running pro and con tally. Since there will always be lemons here and there i try to look for a pattern for failures, IE ten people have complained about a diff that always breaks or weak drive lines ect. Just because one guy had a failure doesn't mean it a bad car by any means (these toys break sometimes). Also i pay attention to reviews were people have contacted the manufacturer for help to see how the vendor takes care of the customer, that way if you do have an issue you know that you are safe. Its not like how it used to be were there were no returns on anything, now people return because they didn't care for the color when they saw it in person lol. The ones that i tell people to be wary of is traxxas. Usually they are pretty good for plastic parts but will be a pain about electronics more often than not. Ya the electrics smoke the nitros. People are getting them up in the mid 100s to nearly 200 for the world record holders if i remember right.