RCU Forums - View Single Post - Any Supertiger experts out there ?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hooked the lines back up and it fired right up but was a Little rich as I thought it would be. I opened the throttle and turned in the high speed jet but it did not seem to be responding. So I turned in the low speed just a little and gave it some gas and it died. It would not restart. I checked the high speed jet and it was turned in so far i could not even blow through it. I know especilly with a super tiger you need to make small adjustments to the carb. And evidently I had made enough small adjustments to the high speed with no response I closed it off. Ok, reset the high speed 2 1/2 turns out. Motor fires but not running right. Again, try adjustments to no avail.. Also when i touch my low speed jet with a screwdrive it seems to want to kill the motor. Not turning it just touching it. Last night I removed the carb and tore it down to have a look. All looks fine. The o rings look great and the jets arent bent or broken. I cleaned it up good and reassembled it. The only thing I changed was where the carb barrel meets the high speed jet assembly ( opposite throttle arm side) I had used silicone in there to seal it. This time I used a small o ring instead. Looks like a good seal to me. Put the carb back on and fired it up in the test stand. Ran the same,, bad. Again tried to peak the motor out with high speed jet and no response. The motor does not sound like it leans at all. And the low speed pretty much kills the motor every time I touch it with a screwdriver.. Oh yea , I did make sure the slot where the
jets go in was faceing down in the carb...... Any help would be appreciated.. Dave>>>>>>>