RCU Forums - View Single Post - Associated RC8.2e
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 03:07 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I would love to try Savöx, but after all these years of hearing about "brown outs", I always pass them by when I look for servos. "Coreless Motor provides high speed, incredible efficiency, and low power consumption"..."*NOTE: Certain combinations of receiver and ESC have been found to cause "Brown Out" issues when combined with Savox servos. An external BEC, or BEC stabilizing receiver capacitor may be needed for efficient, glitch free operation in low voltage electric applications." After I read this on a hobby shop's site, it turned me off from the brand. I'm sure their great servos. I'm just not the type of person that wants to jump through hoops.

My growing so found of Ace/Associated/XP servos started with a dirt cheap metal gear servo on eBay about two years ago. It came from a RTR truck and has outlasted my expectations immensely (still going strong, just a little slower than my liking ). So I splurged on my next couple of servos from XP.

Thanks for the reassurance of the buggy being tuff. I'm not a hard core basher, but do have moments of "Holy cow. Something had to brake". After many ill looking crashes...nothing broken yet.