RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hanger 9 Carbon Cub
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 03:59 PM
althepal88
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, back to the Carbon Cub. Wing assembly is pretty straight forward, just make sure that your servos have the long single arm horn. You will need two 12 inch extensions for the ailerons. You can mount the struts, just leave the jury struts loose until you do the final assembly.

The engine/tank pod. The tank with the kit is small, only 7 3/4 oz. I went with a DuBro S-10 for two reasons; size (of course) and it still fits without moving the cg too far to the rear and the second and main reason was to give the pick-up fuel line a little more flexibility. With the short tank, the clunk wouldn't flex enough to get to the bottom of the fuel tank, and then wouldn't pick up if inverted flight was tried. The longer tank gave me a little more line so I could use the recommended filter/clunk (EVOA 121), as I didn't have the DuBro heavy clunk. The engine/tank pod is a nice idea; it sure gets tight in there. That brings me to one of my pet peeves; that is airplanes that are designed around a specific engine. I had the DLE20RA, and it would have needed a little surgery around the cowl area, but it probably would have worked, but I decided to go with the factory set-up. Now, I have everything temporarily mounted and I go to mount the cowl. CRAP! The recommended pitts muffler (EVOM8) still hits the cowl! Now I have to do some fitting and cutting. Certain portions of the muffler can are still going to protrude. I'm also concerned if she will have enough air flow for cooling. I'm going to cover the intake on the port side and open up the fake vents on both sides and maybe more of the bottom. This thing had better be the best flying Cub in my fleet or I'm really going to be ticked. I think I should have stayed with the DLE.