RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR XG 11 Programming Challenge!
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 02:00 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One thing to be watchful when you use the Beast wing setup is that aileron attributes may not work as expected if the servos don’t move exactly in the same manner. For crow on a biplane using the flaperon attribute, this is what you. But differential should also be affected. I believe that on the wing where the left and right aileron servos are swapped, the differential will be reversed. Quique didn’t use differential on his Beast. You should be able to download the Beast manual on
http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/1672...ast_Manual.pdf

Crow uses the FLAP SYSTEM menu in the Function List. You can pick any switch as the controlling switch by going to the DEVICE SELECT and on the right side of the menu choose the switch you want for the FLAP [DEVICE]. By default in the FLAP SYSTEM menu, position 3 for the FLAP [DEVICE] switch is set for 100% down flap. You’ll want to reduce that so you have some aileron movement free for roll control. You can also make changes in the menu so the crow is activated for the switch position you want to use.

Don’t make the same mistake as I did. The program mix to get the ailerons to work as flaperons on a 4-AILE wing is FLAP > FPRN not FLAP > AILE.

I don’t use the throttle curve. The few times I did, it made the throttle response worst. As near as I can tell, a switch position switch on the throttle stick is controlled solely by the actual stick position.

Allan