RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alpha 6 Woes
Thread: Alpha 6 Woes
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 12:21 PM
djmp69

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Alpha 6 Woes

I just purchased an Alpha 6 from my LHS, and it seemed really great out of the box. Until I found that you can only minimally program the thing without a special cable that they sell separately. Of course. No worries, I figured Id just order the cable and deal with it until the cable came. THEN, after it's all set up, my ELEVs and RUDD are doing this weird twitching thing every 10-15 seconds. Also, in the manual, i says when you're done calibrating, hold the button and the light will turn GREEN. Well, I held the button and nothing happened. When I let go, the light turned what looked like white, or pale purple.

Now the "Fun" part. I called tech support to see if I messed up or missed/forgot something, and they were clueless. They basically told me that there is one guy in the WHOLE Spektrum company that knows the product, and he "decided not to come in today". Wow.

Now I'm not bashing Spektrum (although I get bashed daily for using them, even while having used Spektrum for 6+ years without incident). But this situation is not helping my case or instilling confidence in their support. The manual is garbage, it doesn't explain anything, it's a coupla pages at best. There's not even a troubleshooting guide in it. It tells you what to do, but not what to do if something is wrong, or what to look for.

Is there anyone that has used this that knows if I missed something, did something wrong, or do I just have a paper weight with which I have to waste time going thru a returns process?