RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA EC July 2016 minutes
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 06:11 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tailskid
Slightly off subject but................................I wonder how many of the 'free' memberships from the BB group will renew for next year.....after all the 'toy' they got for Christmas has now been put aside and/or replaced by the latest and greatest.

That would be an interesting figure to see.

Jerry
Actually totally on topic, the issue was noted in the meeting notes. Not sure where folks are getting this misinformation about the memberships being free. The AMA didn't hit the Lotto and come into 70k, it came to them via the companies that PAID for the membership. So if you mean "Free" to the AMA, perhaps you're right.

But hey, let's say 0 retain the membership? Can you show me what the downside to that would be? It won't be zero, but for arguments sake, lets say it is. So what?

Didn't cost the AMA anything, they got about 700 new members for a year, and the dues. So if none renew, what's the loss?

The more interesting figure to see, imo, is one that would give better context to the issue. How about we see what the average number of memberships who join for one year, and then don't renew. Then we can take that number, and put it next to the BB program number, and probably be able to form a better conclusion. Apples to Apples, not one figure in a vacuum.