RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Composite ARF SU27
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 02:08 PM
mave311
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yeahbaby
DUUUUUDE,! You just answered my questions!! But the website says 126" long. So taking nose off and tail cone off will certainly help. I'm gonna fly out in a couple weeks but will message you first. Can't wait to see her. Next question is how much of a pita is it to take the tails off

well i love pita bread,,,specially in a gyro,,i go to Miami subs grill, which is the only place to get a good gyro fast...i'm kidding...lol...i know,..haahha

Anyway, the tail cone is going to be a difficult to remove due to the fact the it's held with 2 fasteners which bolt on from the inside near the exhaust nozzle,....so in order to get to it you would need to remove the nozzles, pipe on each side from the turbine mount and then you would have access to the fasteners. Now...everyone i know is doing the same thing to the tail cone, which is make it work for you....

for example: if you your in the field and for what ever the reason is, that you need to carry her off the field or in and out of a trailer. This particular tail cone is the only thing you got in picking her up from the back...and everyone's natural intention is to grab her from the tail cone....to remedy that, the tail area has a former about 1/4 inch thick, but the tail cone has no former's inside...in my case i'm going to install a hollowed carbon tube inside that rear former that will extend to the edge of the tail cone mounting area and in the tail itself make 2 former's and install another carbon tube with a smaller diameter to fit inside the the fuse, in in other words, like a main wing carbon spar.

Now what i am showing is for illustratiuon purposes only,,,,havent done any of the work in the tail cone area, the only thing you would add in your case would be a quick disconnect feature for transportation purposes,,,,i'm going to add a drag chute so the work for the pipe benefits me.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00416.jpg
Views:	4719
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	2179423   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00415.jpg
Views:	4690
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	2179424   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00414.jpg
Views:	4669
Size:	89.9 KB