RCU Forums - View Single Post - Still safe to invest in a Weatronic radio?
Old 09-04-2016, 07:20 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bRandom
So Ifinally decided that I will go with Weatronic for my new radio and then I heard about the company suddenly being sold to powerbox due to whatever reason and powerbox isn't able to deal with whatever or whatever... Just don't know what the heck to think about Weatronic now and if it will be a nightma e to deal with or what? Does anyone know what is going on? Is it safe to purchase one at this point?
Weatronic is a dead end street. There is no more production. Once inventory dries up, you will not be able to purchase receivers or accessories. One of the best features of Weatronic was their continued software development. There is none anymore, they are gone.

The Weatronic BAT 60 has shortcomings that were supposed to eventually be addressed in software upgrades. Ie. the BAT 60 cannot use the built in receiver gyros. No access to RF logs etc. There will be no more updates. It's done.

I used Weatronic gear for 3 years. The gear was very good for the most part but, there were short comings.

I highly recommend that you consider Jeti. It has most, if not all of the safety features of Wea plus many, many benefits over the Wea system. AND it is still being regularly updated. I love mine, quite frankly it blows my Weatronic gear away.