RCU Forums - View Single Post - RB Concepts engine
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 03:13 PM
Mechanicaloverlord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's a Rody that's means it has been modified. Modding includes porting, altering timing, mods to the crank, etc. You'll be lucky to find a stock set, let alone a modified set. Also, because the engine has been modified there's a possibility the block has been modified, how well a stock piston/sleeve will play with a modified block is unknown. Why not just have the piston/sleeve pinched to restore compression? Does the rod really need to be replaced? How many gallons are on it? BTW I found an old price on a piston and sleeve $165, then you need a rod which from experience is at least another $60. If it needs those things it likely could use bearings as well. You really want to dump that much $ into a used engine when a new Nova is basically the same price?

I've heard this before about RB and Novarossi. The only thing I can really say is that Novarossi made the engines for RB. How compatible they actually are I don't know. If there is a compatible Novarossi piston/sleeve/rod it's probably from the P series of engines, which one I have no idea. Yes Nova makes engines for other manufacturers, just like SH makes engines for LRP, Losi, Dynamite, etc. But you need to realize Nova made these to RB's specs which could mean a different bore/stroke or any number of changes so there may not be any compatible parts between any RB and Nova engine.

I found the part number for the piston/sleeve but it doesn't look like anyone has any in stock. If you want to search for yourself it's RBD01137-53

Last edited by Mechanicaloverlord; 09-06-2016 at 03:26 PM.