RCU Forums - View Single Post - What happemns if satellite RX gets disconnected?
Old 09-13-2016, 12:09 PM
WMF Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both answers provided above can be true dependent upon the receiver in question. Some receivers require the satellite but as long as it is connected at power up will continue to work should it become disconnected thereafter until power down, but then will not reconnect to the Tx until the satellite has then been reconnected. Other Rx will work with or without the satellite. Quoting a question and answer (from Andy Kunz) from another forum:[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]So you can use it ((in this case the new AR6600T receiver) with or without the sat? Is that new for Spectrum? I thought I remember hearing that if it has a sat port, you needed to use it.. Maybe that was just for the particular Rx being discussed at the time.

Answer: It's not a law of the universe. It's a rule of thumb. (A Kunz)[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

It would be useful to have a listing of all Rx's that can have a satellite connected and list whether they will work with or without the satellite. Anyone know if this resource is available anywhere? I must admit I can't personally see why you would choose to use a satellite capable receiver without one as it gives that extra diversity but is confusing trying to understand how the setup should respond with all these variants. In this case, I don't know if the AR6210 needs the satellite or whether it is an optional extra but it is certainly true that if it was connected at power up the RX will continue to work even if it becomes disconnected in flight. The question would only be whether it would need to reconnected before the Rx would work again or whether it would work (with less diversity) regardless. From the description of the events above it sounds as though the AR6210 is an example of a Rx where the satellite is optional.

Last edited by WMF Flyer; 09-13-2016 at 12:21 PM.