RCU Forums - View Single Post - SH Engine Stalling Issue
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 08:03 PM
hksmonaro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SH Engine Stalling Issue

hey guys,

Wondering if I could get some help with my Nitro buggy 1/8th. Ive had it for about 7 years and never really had an issue with it and only really used it on and off (never had to adjust anything other than the high speed needle), approx. 5 litre of 16% nitro run through it total. Still has compression cold and warm.

It starts fine cold, idles while cool. If I then start using it and get it up to operating temp it responds and runs ok, but it I slam on the breaks hardish or slow to a roll then stop it will stall. Same thing happens if I have it on a block and accelerate then break, it stops. I'd adjusted the idle gab, it was just under 1mm. Screwed it in clock wise to increase the gap to around 1mm, this didn't help. Only if I make the gap massive it will stay running when breaking hard, it still 'may' stall at times but not consistently.

Ive pulled the clutch apart and seems ok, how can I tell if it is worn. I dont think he clutch is engaging too early.

Ive cleaned out the carby/engine well and that has helped with it running better but still stalling on braking?

Any ideas?

Ive got not idea what model this engine is or size. Bought it cheap on eBay for 278 delivered!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2286.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	721.1 KB
ID:	2183811   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2291.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	2183812