RCU Forums - View Single Post - please help me identify this
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 03:46 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by coleboom
I bought this plane a the swap meet yesterday... when it occured to me I didn't know what brand it was... I couldn't find the vender

This plane has a zdz 50 engine (at least that is what he told. me)  I paid 360

the wing span is in the range of 83 inch

Also there is no secondary battery switch or hookup Do you suppose they intended to share with the receiver... the switch was marked 4.8 V nimh

Another also
I am reluctant to just assume the cog is about right.. If no one can identify this airframe. then can someone tell me how to get close with this wing shape?

There is a big muffler... the engine has a long pretty straight exhaust pope going into a muffler which is about 8 inches long and 3 inches or so in diameter... the exhaust flow in the front and out the front and down as well

anyone tell me anything about this setup... I feel a little foolish for not having asked more questions

Looks kind of like an Extra 260 but the canopy is not quite right. Could be one of the Chicom cheap knock-offs.

Some use a single battery for the rx and ignition but on larger planes it's better to use separate batteries for each. Regardless ,there should be a kill switch mounted on the outside of plane for the engine ignition....if not, install one. Simply follow the battery lead out of the ignition box and see where it goes.

For cg just measure 25 to 33 percent back from the leading edge along the root. That will get you close.

It looks like a canister muffler was installed . They decrease the noise while not decreasing performance that much.

As far as the plane, well the engine is not a popular brand so hopefully it still runs. Check the servos and hopefully they didn't install junk. Go over and inspect everything on the plane and change lines on the fuel tank too.

Good Luck.

Last edited by flyinwalenda; 10-09-2016 at 03:53 AM.