RCU Forums - View Single Post - C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 02:43 AM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wblombard
Hi Guys,

Firstly thank you for a great thread, I've been reading every single post and making notes as I go. Very informative for someone building his first jet. I have been a heli guy all my life, got offered to buy a complete CARF Viper from a very reputable guy here in Dubai and really enjoying this jet flying thing.

Long story short but decided to build my own jet as i'm a firm believer you cant fly these toys if you cant build them.

Its quite funny how you make a budget and blow the budget in two weeks when you go through this thread.

Please bare with all my stupid questions and i'm sure there will be so many.

My planned setup is as follows:

Cayman Scheme Ultra flash
Jet Italia 130 speed turbine
Jet tech tanks all round..still deciding on whether i should run smoke in the wing or saddle tanks. Ordered 3/16 fittings all round. Will be running the clunks from jet tech and in the main tank GBR Paper clunk. Also decided to go with the zeal 180cc UAT.
JR 8411 servo's all round, I did see there were some comments on the nose steering servo digital servo's, but i'm sure it will be fine as is.
Electron retracts - Hoping there is not much modification to be done but will deal with that.
Will be running 6mm festo tubing to fuel tanks and 4mm festo tubing from pump onward.

Still deciding if I should paint the canopy and in the back of my mind I almost know i'd screw up the first one...might just go ahead an order a spare.

I'm very excited for this build and please guys any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

William Blake

Who came up with this scheme?! That looks NICE.. & like a factory option. It looks poisonous

Last edited by BlueBus320; 10-27-2016 at 02:48 AM.